To apply, please send a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please use the subject line: "RESUME - STUDIO MANAGER"
SANSO is a Los Angeles based plant design studio focusing on a rare and curated selection of plants and handmade ceramic vessels.
The studio manager is the organizer, the person who will make sure studio operations flow smoothly and economically. They are responsible for making certain all sales and orders are fulfilled, customer/client requests are met, and production is done properly and on time. The studio manager will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
This person should be an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative support and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized and flexible. An understanding of details of the business and an enjoyment of handling details are necessary.
- Sales Operations
- Fulfill online orders including packing, arranging shipments, updating order processing data, and coordinating transportation for deliveries.
- Participate actively in the planning and execution of company events and pop-ups.
- Oversee online and in-person sales procedures and troubleshoot and resolve any issues, delays, or inefficiencies
- Inventory management
- Maintain proper levels of product inventory
- Submit, track and oversee completion of orders
- Receive and track incoming shipments
- Document incoming inventory of plants, ceramics, and other goods.
- Manage relationships with wholesale suppliers, vendors, fabricators and growers
- Pot and water live plants as necessary
- Customer Service
- Sort Sanso studio emails & instagram DMs to make sure every request is met with proper response and assistance.
- Resolve customer complaints, handle issues, give information on product and service inquiries
- Maintain communication lines with customers, clients, and vendors.
- Administrative Tasks
- Establish and monitor a procedure for record keeping & filing paperwork related to all studio activities
- Schedule appointments related to all studio activities including customer and client appointments.
- Manage and update studio calendar
- Organize office operations and procedures
- Pay studio related bills and keep log of studio related financial transactions. Prepare necessary paperwork for bookkeeper and accountant.
- Design and implement filing systems
- Studio maintenance
- Maintain proper levels of studio supplies
- Keep the studio clean and in working order at all times. Place any unused items into storage or trash, keep the workspace clear of unnecessary items at all times.
- Oversee equipment operations and maintenance and schedule repairs as needed.
- Organize studio and office supplies to maximize efficiency in use of space and tools.
- Maintain and safe and secure workplace
- Adjust the workflow and reassign tasks to improve efficiency in the operation
- Look for ways to increase productivity & lower costs
- Be aware of current technologies and tools used for office organization and management to help improve productivity.
- Proactively think of ways to move forward with current operations of the studio. Must be proactive about problem solving.
- Office/studio management or administrative experience.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong organizational and planning skills
- Computer skills and proficiency in digital platforms including Google, MS Office, Mac, Instagram, Facebook. Proficiency in Adobe design is a plus.
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of clerical practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Organization & Planning
- Time management
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
- Analysis and assessment
- Decision making
- Process improvement
- Developing Standards
- Customer service skills & personability
The position is for in person work, 5 days a week, weekend availability is preferred. The hourly rate is $25/hr, and will commensurate with managerial experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: "RESUME - STUDIO MANAGER"
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!